In Ticketmatic, each order is created in the context of a sales channel. A sales channel is an important concept because a lot of configuration can be set up depending on the sales channel:
- the sale status and sale start and end dates for an event can be configured per sales channel
- the available prices and ticket fees can be configured per sales channel
- order fees can be activated per sales channel
- delivery scenarios, payment scenarios and payment methods can be activated per sales channel
- ticket layouts can be configured per sales channel
- e-mail communication to customers can be configured per sales channel
There are 3 types of sales channels: Desk, Web and External.
- There is always exactly 1 sales channel of type
Desk, you don’t need to create it. All orders created in the Orders application are linked to sales channel Desk.
- Orders through websites are linked to a sales channel of type
Web. You can create multiple sales channels of type Web
- Finally, orders sold by partners through the external sales application are linked to a sales channel of type
External. More info on setting up external sales for partners
Sales channels are managed in the Settings app. Click the button below to go to the Sales channels module: